Looking to sell your home this new year? First impressions count when it comes to preparing your home for viewing. Potential buyers are looking for very specific details for their dream home and they want to be able to visualize themselves living there. To make your home more buyable, here at signature northeast, we have a few recommendations to take into consideration.
- Freshly painted rooms.
- Professionally cleaned flooring and carpets if possible
- Make the room light and airy by opening the curtains to flood the rooms with light.
- Keep the garden tidy!
- Fix anything broken because a well-maintained house gives a good first impression that the home, they are looking to buy is well cared for.
Bathrooms and kitchens are the most expensive rooms to upgrade so potential buyers want to see these rooms looking perfect.
- Store the toiletries away.
- Keep the toilet seat down.
- Clean shower doors
- Keep the worktops clean and decluttered.
- Keep the utensils organized.
- Keep the food in the cupboards.
- Put the washing away.
- Clean the windows.
The final thing to take into consideration is how your home smells, bake cookies and keep a vase of fresh flowers on the countertop.